Sunday, June 16, 2013

Something light hearted.

Hey Harper,

I'm so awkward. Im sure you've picked up on this by now. I find complete peace in being alone. When I'm around people, I often try to make sure they are comfy at the sake of me being uncomfy.

Which makes me awkward. But when I like a guy, Im sure its obvious. I call and text and blow up his phone. With random things. When I'm not looking at a guy like that, I don't/rarely call and I don't bother them. Even though i don't think its possible for this to be hereditary, I've had a long history of assuming that men who say hello to me liked me. It took me until 12th grade to get it. Girl, i wrote love letters to boys for YEARS and got rejected for years hahaha. Ive had my love notes passed around, etc. It was embarrassing and painful and i hated every minute growing up, but its hilarious now. Just another sign that growing pains are a weird thing. When i got to 12th grade, I stopped all of that.

But unfortunately, I'm still slow. as slow as molasses in a alaskan snow storm honey.

And i still can't grasp the concept of someone liking me. Let me tell you some stories. The last day of 9th grade, I really liked this guy (who ended up being my boyfriend) and I had no clue that he liked me back. It literally took him throwing his number on a balled corner of paper directly into my eye as he walked off the bus for me to get a hint.

I had a boyfriend in college who (as a friend) was like "you know i like you right?" and i would just laugh until i snorted. Super nervous awkward laughter. He was persistent and we eventually dated.

So you know what that says about me?
I need a confident person i guess. Because im literally so slow that when a guy likes me I need to see [I LIKE YOU/IM FLIRTING] after each text or conversation because I can literally not tell the difference between flirting and nice. So i just assume everyone is nice. Its easier that way lol.

So when you walk past your dad today, (whoever he may be), give him a high five-he was bold enough to let me know how he felt.

Until I see you,

Jessika

P.S. Check this out:


Although im sure its photoshopped, how can one person have so much air in their lungs?
HILARIOUS.

(okay im gone now...goodnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment